Game in 60
Saturday, April 27
The only monthly, USCF dual-rated chess tournament in Portland-Vancouver area takes place at the Portland Chess Club (map).
- 4 Round Swiss: G/60, d5; if very large number of players, TD can switch to 5 round G/45, d5.
- Entry Fee: $20 ($5 discount for Portland Chess Club members);
- Membership: USCF and OCF/WCF is required (players from outside of Pacific NW with membership in their states' federations are accepted) and can be purchased/renewed at registration.
- Registration: Begins at 9:00am and continues through until 9:30am
- Rounds: 1 starts at 10 AM and then: 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm (times approximate).
- Prizes: Based on 20 entries and adjusted proportionally if different number of players. Total prize fund is $200: 1st place - $60, 2nd place - $40, 3rd place - $30, best results for rated under 1800 and 1500 - $35 each. No tiebreakers used, prizes split between players with the same results.