Next tournament on Saturday, May 11
A monthly, USCF-rated quad tournament that usually takes place on the second Saturday of every month at the Portland Chess Club (directions and map).
- 4 Player Round-Robin: If there are enough players for more than 1 section, players are grouped based on rating (so that you play others who are rated approximately the same); sometimes can run as a small Swiss, depending on number of players.
- Time control: 90 minutes for the whole game (G/90).
- Entry Fee: $10 for Portland Chess Club members; $15 for non-members.
- Membership: USCF is required and can be purchased/renewed at registration. Round 1 starts at 10 AM, registration runs 9:30-9:45 AM.
- Prizes: 1st place - free entry to Tuesday or Saturday Quads, valid for 3 months (non-members still must pay $5 visitor's fee). No tiebreakers used, prizes split between players with the same results.